Wow, guys I really don’t know what to say, this is my second blogger award nomination, and it’s just as thrilling as the first time! I wanted to say thank you so much to all the people who read this blog and who have supported me on this journey. I also reached another marker for me and earned 50+ followers, which I can’t gush enough about! I wanted to especially thank the unbelievably kind and incredibly talented L.E. Hunt for nominating me, check out her blog The Palace, it’s well worth it!
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs (with under 200 followers).
5. Notify these blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Okay (in my best Peter Pan voice) Here we go!
L.E. Hunt’s questions:
1. What’s an interesting place you’ve been?
Interesting, that’s kind of a hard question, I might have to say Yosemite. It’s stunningly beautiful, the meadows and cliffs and waterfalls, are really just absolutely awe-inspiring. It’s places like Yosemite, that words like sublime were created. Another thing that makes it interesting, is due to its popularity, you have gigantic masses of people all walking around in these hoards of groups. Which the crowds suck, but the tourist watching is never lacking. One time there was this guy, hiking up a mountain holding a whole half a water melon just munching out of it at his leisure, or the man who hiked eight miles in a fancy business suit and shoes, he was a freaking boss, still looked neat and fabulous when he came down.
2. Strange childhood obsession?
Okay, this will sound weird but I was obsessed with getting the chance to scoop horse manure. I know, weird right? but there was a reason. I thought if I could do it, I could show my Dad how big and responsible I was and he would buy me a horse. I never got the chance to scoop the poop and I still don’t have the horse, I have his name picked out and everything. Peregrine Took, after Pippin from Lord of the Rings.
3. Favorite book genre?
Oh shit! This is an incredibly painfully question, it’s like asking me to pick…you know I am not sure what it equates to, but something painful. If I had to narrow it down, it would be a painfully close tie between Science Fiction and Fantasy, first of all, who doesn’t love freaking aliens and then who doesn’t love Dragons. It’s just not possible to pick between the two. If an indicator is what I have read more of, I suppose fantasy wins, but that’s only because I have been into it longer, not because I love it anymore.
4. If given the chance to be immortal, would you take it?
Oh hell no! Not in a million years. (Ha you see what I did there?) The idea of living here enternally is just too terrible. I by no means want to cut my stay on this precious earth early, in fact I’d really like to live a good, long life, but the idea of immortality is just not for me. The idea of everyone I care for aging without me, never growing old with the man I love. Forced to face eternity alone, as all my friends die around me. Oh hell no!
5. Can you whistle?
Why did you have to bring this up… no, no I can’t whistle despite my numerous attempts to try. The skill has always alluded me, I sound like a puffing, dying animal, it’s really quite sad.
6. Was there ever a time you preferred the movie to the book?
Uhhhh…I think if I answer this in the positive I might be committing blasphemy, so I’ll leave a diplomatic answer. If the movie was by some miracle better, it’s because the book was really awful.
7. Do you have any pets?
Yes!!! My darling, insane, overly hyper, too sassy for her own good, Australian Shepherd, Nicki. She is the sweetest dog you’ll ever meet, and she loves to smile, only that scares everyone off since her face is contorted into what looks remarkably similar to a snarl.
8. If you could have another ability, what would it be?
Are we talking Superhero ability here or like general normal person talent? Cause Superhero, teleportation in an instant, general ability…whistling…no actually, I’d wish to be really good at editing, proper grammar and spelling here I come!
9. What place do you want to live the most (real or fictional)?
Middle Earth, particularly Rohan, because a. horses, and b. Eomer! The Shire would be nice, but hairy feet give my pause, and elves are a little too proper and graceful for me, they’d have to get rid of me, also not a vegetarian.
10. Favorite Disney movie?
Ooh…ooh this is also really hard, are we talking Disney in general or like Dinsey Princess cause! Ugh those are two very different things. Dinsey Princess movie is by far Tangled, wins every time. Flynn Rider is a mix between my spirit animal and my perfect man. If general Disney then I will go with the fact they own everything now, including my love Marvel so, the answer would be Guardians of the Galaxy.
11. What is the best thing ever, in your opinion?
Ahhhh! Some of these are really hard! I’d have to say…Floor to ceiling bookshelves, too far over your head to reach, the shelves are filled to the brim with beautiful leather bound books, and fabulous literature, and you have to climb up a ladder to reach the top and if you push it rolls along. That to me is the best thing ever.
11 random facts about me:
1)When I was a kid I was convinced I would own a Pegasus ranch when I grew up.
2) If given the option I would live in pajamas.
3) I love to draw superheros.
4) I organize my bookshelves…alot. First I did it by size, then alphabeticaly by title then author. After that it was alphabetical by genre, and now by color. If any of you have recommendations for what to try next I am all ears.
5) My greatest dream is to one day publish a book.
6) I enjoy the company of people, but I need serious recoup time in between visits.
7) I have marvel superhero sheets on my bed, despite my age.
8) I laugh my ass off everytime Rafiki beats the shit out of thoses hyeans in Lion King. Every time. I have no idea why.
9) I currently have three calendars in my room, they are all Star Trek. My friends know me too well, and have poor communication skills.
10) If left to my own devices I’d probably never leave my room or socalize. Thank God my family comes and pulls me into the world.
11) I have always desperately wondered what British History books say about the American Revolution.
My eleven questions for you:
1) What movie would be greatly improved if it was made into a musical?
2) What inanimate object do you wish you could eliminate from existence?
3) What is the weirdest thing you have seen in someone else’s home?
4) What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever worn?
5) What part of a kid’s movie completely scarred you?
6) If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
7) What secret conspiracy would you like to start?
8) What mythical creature would improve the world most if it existed?
9) You’re a mad scientist, what scientific experiment would you run if money and ethics weren’t an issue?
10) What’s the most imaginative insult you can come up with?
11) If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?